Nowadays, Chinese models are becoming popular in Western countries. With their dark and round eyes, straight black hair, small nose, wide cheekbones and complexion usually described as ‘yellow skin’, their exotic features are being appreciated by people from the West. As we can see from watching Western movies or reading international magazines, Chinese models can be seen in the industry. Here is the list of well-known Chinese models all over the world:
- Liu Wen: She is the first Asian model that was included in the Forbes’ magazine list of highest paid models. And also, the first Asian model to appear on the catwalk for Victoria’s Secret. She attained a beauty contract with cosmetics gianst Estée Lauder. She was also able to appear on several catwalks of famous brands such as Prada, Balenciaga, Alexander Wang, Jason Wu, and Jean Paul Gaultier.
- Fei Fei Sun: She was one of the big winners of Elite Model Look’s 2008 in Sanya, China. She was able to walk the runway with brands of Dries Van Noten and Louis Vuitton. She was also the first Asian model to have a solo cover for Vogue Italia.
- Du Juan: In 2005, she debuted on the runway in New York for Alexandre Herchcovitch, Custo Barcelona, and United Bamboo. She was one of the models featured in the cover of French Vogue. She also worked with several famous brands and designers like Yves Saint Laurent, Dries Van Noten, Hermès, Givenchy, Gap, Swarovski, Christian Dior and Louis Vuitton.
- Lu Yan: With her small eyes, flat nose and freckled face, she was considered as “ugly” by Chinese standards. But on 2009, she rose to fame when she won second place at the International Supermodel Pageant. She appeared on top fashion magazines including Elle and Cosmopolitan. She also became the face of various luxury brands like Hermes and Benetton.
- Sui He: She is known for being the first Asian face of Shiseido, first Asian model to open a Ralph Lauren runway show and the second model of Chinese descent to walk in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show after Liu Wen.